8.29.2010

We made it!

(Hi Pop!!)
We are finally settled in our new home in Provo!
(Armanie showing us where Utah is at on the map)
The lil' ones are adjusting fabulously. I couldn't have asked for a smoother move/transition into this next phase of our lives.
Some monumental things happened this last 2 weeks. Starters, Rocco is sleeping through the night 5 out of 7 nights. And Armanie is well on her way to becoming POTTY TRAINED. Huge for us! Tonight is her first night in underwear. I may have set myself up for some laundry tomorrow but it seems like whenever we put her in diapers she neither tells us she needs to go and does not use the toilet all together. But the exact opposite when left in underwear. So in hopes to solidify this 'done with diapers' period we've stopped her cold turkey and put under roos on. I'll let you know how it goes.
Rocco is no longer a newborn... According to the fish scale he's weighing about 13.5 pounds.
(one month old picture)
(2 months)
He laughs
smiles and watches his sister with joy. They love love love each! Every morning Armanie wakes and the first question is, Where's Rocco. Yesterday she tried to nurse him. Unbeknownst to her nursing means that babies latch on. (I'm laughing as I write this) Bare chested Armanie was very surprised at Rocco's amazing suction. She hasn't tried to feed him since. I caught this on video but I'll save that for her first date.
This water park down the street from us is her new favorite place. Mainly because of this huge slide! I'm very surprised that she enjoys it as much as she does considering just 4 months ago she wouldn't step foot near something that moved (i.e. snoopy land at Great America. "I no like rides") Now this little girl will climb bravely up 60 stairs and leap into Dad's arms and ride down a water slide with a few yells of excitement.
I've got to make or buy a shade for this
little girl, but this will do for now. She did this by herself by the way

5 comments:

  1. SUCH cute kids, Armanie is the spitting image of you and Rocco is the spitting image of his dad! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you guys are in Utah! We should get together sometime and play! What brings you out this way? Let me know if you want to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fish scale!? awesome im excited to see R and A!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ouch, yeah babies can have some seriously impressive suction! I feel her pain :). And I'm thinking we'll be calling Rocco, Locko around here. Hats off that slide (and Armanie too)! Thanks for playing with us there! Kids are still talking about you guys! Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you guys are doing so well! Looks like you're having a blast in Utah! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete